Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Amish Paradise, Weird Al

     At the comedy club tonight, a student at the music school performed 'Amish Paradise' by Weird Al. I hadn't heard it in a while, it did remind me of seeing the movie 'Dangerous Minds' which had the song 'Gangster Paradise' in it, the inspiration for Weird Al's parody. At work we did the walk in the afternoon over to the Landmark Center in downtown St. Paul and it was nice to see the lower level of the building for the first time. There is more exhibit space there, and I want to get back there soon at some point.
   Also at the comedy club, an older comic did ones about child prodigy, a Lucy and Charlie Brown reference, total nonsense, taking SATs, Iowa tests, lighting a cigarette, cops and cat walk, lord of the rings, and drove to Iowa. Show runner did one about Valerie come home. A guitar player did ones about be afraid, nothing to fear, won't disappear, close your eyes, let it in. Radio Ali did ones about Fridays are the time of my life, twin towers, got the drums. Buh doo doo, beat boxing? Others were life of competition, love yourself, son of king kong, don't feel defeated, and Captain Morgan. Electric Piano did ones about I'm a lucky man, please Mr. officer, she was a dancing queen, want to see your rhythm, want to see you move girl, want to dance with you. Keyboard guitar did ones about did not mean to blow your mind, Amish Paradise, and Robinson Crusoe. Next was playing not going to take it by Twisted Sister. A nearby video game has oraches. A violin player did ones while wearing a Dodgers hat. Send him on back to me, I love my man but he's cheating on me, never let him down, seems really strange still feels the same, oh-I, oh-I. Accoustic did ones about every day the deficit grows, push pull tear, everyday taxes increase, broke back trying to make ends meet. He is in music school, don't forget about me, yelled at you last night, please forgive me, tears streaming down your face. Others were hold me close, I know you're not all right. Then there was give me one more chance by Jackson 5. Feeling all right, no no, asking for a little respect, Fortunate Son by CCR, and Born this way by Lady Gaga.  

No comments:

Post a Comment