Thursday, October 15, 2015

Drunk Stoned Brilliant Dead Movie

   Tonight I saw the documentary movie 'Drunk stoned brilliant dead' at the Lagoon in Minneapolis. Sounds like it would have just a one-week run at this theater, so I decided to go now. Also available on demand, and on I-tunes, but haven't tried those services yet. I learned something from it, like how the National Lampoon magazine was around before the Saturday Night Live TV show and many people connected with it went on to SNL. I had never read the magazine- only heard of its influence- so I mainly knew it as a movie franchise, especially 'Animal House' and 'Vacation'. Great to see Ivan Reitman, director of the Ghostbusters movie, being interviewed in it. There was plenty of music in it and I liked hearing the song 'Holiday Road', from the Vacation movie.
   I also had a date tonight, at the Barnes and Noble book shop in Roseville. It was meant to be a coffee date but it looks like neither one of us ordered any. My date had sent a text near the end of my workday suggesting we move it up an hour and see a movie instead, then I got another message saying it was sold out. I preferred the book shop for a first date, can't talk at a movie. The movie was based on a Shakespeare play, and I didn't like such a short notice on moving it up so this likely affected the course of our date. I was informed that my date had social anxiety and had suffered from vertigo for a month, and I told myself I am not running a charity so I am fine with this being a 'one and done' date. Especially at the end when my date was surprised to hear about an upcoming Charlie Brown movie and asked why they were doing one. Probably same reason why most things happen in America, because somebody hopes to make a profit from it. This one was hard to forget when I am a big Charlie Brown fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment