Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Fix You, Coldplay

  At the comedy club tonight I liked hearing some songs coming from another room. One of them was 'Fix you' by Coldplay. The other was 'Trouble me' by 10,000 maniacs. The former was a reminder of seeing Coldplay in concert in Milwaukee in 2006. I stopped by on the way to visit my 'Favorite aunt'. The song is well known for its audience participation near the end. Not only does it sound good, but is relatable to many, trying to fix somebody. Along with one line about 'Stuck in reverse'. I said this about an Alanis Morissette song- 'What I really want'- with its line about sweater on backwards and inside out, how appropriate. I did see Natalie Merchant in concert when I lived in suburban Chicago, in 1999 at Arie Crown Theater at McCormick place. She was lead singer for the Maniacs.
   As usual I liked the stage time. I got to most things on my list, some of the bits were about college roommates. Or how not many things get me angry, but I did find one. One photo posted on Facebook, me with the former bartender, already has plenty of likes. It was us sitting in the easy chairs before the show. At the office we got a thank you card from the boss, as employee appreciation week continues.
    Also at the comedy club, International Falls did ones about New Orleans cop, sleep in van, turn down the drums, throw chair at somebody's head, tampons, basketball, 452 days no HR, anarchist in her 20s, and emergency contact to Prince. Ice Cream did ones about I will pull it off, ice cream snob, wine snob, and can I get a ride. Werewolf did ones about kids at grocery store, mayo on lice, trail of motor oil, meditating, tea leaves, and connect 4. Nebraska did ones about after market stereo, drive on bus route, craigslist, and everybody loves Raymond. Long straw did ones about notable, weekend at Bernie's, DMX vibe, and NPR. Mr. Pibb did ones about MILFS and parakeets, groin anomaly, rule 51, and Florida pool. Former bartender did ones about conspiracy theory, juice, Vietnam, flat tire, Lowry tunnel, moving a piano, Dad cremated, and shake the urn. Ukulele did ones about protests, Planned Parenthood, Chicago apartment, Tumblr article, kids and guns, Russia into turkey, his date, and them all thief. Blind side did ones about sweater vest, shout-out, Fred Douglass, and big bad wolf. Postage stamp did ones about super hero movies, evolution of thumb, and cross the streams. Others were about pinkie finger, weird analogies, and gun problem. The crow did ones about worked at Rock Bottom brewery, caterer,  Spice Girls, 16 beautiful mine, and depression time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment