Thursday, October 1, 2015

Bread And Butter

    An office colleague brought in bread and butter to share, I had 3 pieces of it. It happened to be my tag team partner, the one from South St. Paul. There was also a repeat of the sundaes, when I was 'in the files' and heard about it I said 'you don't have to say it twice'. After I had mine I noticed there was 40 of them left, later on just 12, about an hour later.
   I stayed in tonight and listened to the latest comedy CD by the Wisconsin lady, her third. It was the 28th done by friends that I have acquired, and the 18th from Stand-up Records. She did plenty of crowd work on this one. Most of the jokes work for me, and I liked how she caught me off-guard with the title joke, 'Pig woman', because of the lead-in. I did post my review on Facebook. It sounds like there will be more to be had. Conga line has one due out soon. I think it is with the same label. And I have found out about some others, as I am good at finding things. I did finish my search of comedy CDs on the CD Baby site, and it did yield some more names I recognize. One of them was a high-energy dude from Africa. But I will have to find out how many are available in CD format, as some appear to be only available as a download. I already have an account with Amazon so I prefer something I can find on that site. The recent searches were helpful, as there are four on my list now. The trick will be how and when to add them to my 'Ring of honor'. I know one is an out of town comic, and the others I don't see too often.
   After listening to the CD I did take a walk around the neighborhood and returned some grocery store carts. The news was on late due to the football game, I saw the ending of the game. Ravens beat the Steelers in overtime. John Kerry was on the Late Show, he was asked about the Middle East.

No comments:

Post a Comment