Saturday, October 10, 2015

Ray-Ban Glass Case

    I started the day in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, in my hotel room. After continental breakfast I showered and checked out of the hotel. Then it was on to Iowa City for the football game. The Iowa Hawkeyes beat Illinois 29-20. I started the drive back to the twin cities a few hours after the game ended, and it was nice to make it back by late in the evening. When I got back I do the typical cleaning out of the rental car, first trip was with just the duffel bag with my clothes and souvenirs. Second trip I brought out a smaller bag to gather up the empty bottles and other trash. This was when I checked under the seats and found not just an empty water bottle, but also a Ray-Ban glass case! It is red leather, good condition. It has a snap on the front to close it. So I am keeping it, as I can find some use for it. Not sure why it was there other than these cars aren't necessarily cleaned out after every rental. I have found this out to the be case before, like seeing a previous rental agreement in the glove box. I liked how once I left the Iowa City area that I needed just two stops, in Cedar Falls and Clear Lake. Both were at Casey's locations. In fact they were the same ones I had stopped at the previous day. It just took a while to leave town after the game, as there is plenty of traffic. I took the Hawkeye Express train from Coralville to Kinnick Stadium after seeing the parking lot at Hancher Auditorium was full. Looked like some RVs were triple-parked there, and probably arrived hours earlier. I arrived about one hour prior, which says a lot about the demand for parking on game day. I had hoped to see a former classmate who was attending the game, the judge in Des Moines, but we couldn't make connections. It was a good game, only time Iowa trailed was 7-6 early due to a missed extra point. Some fans around me were complaining about things even though Iowa was ahead and went on to win, but with some they are never happy. I picked up a sandwich at the Hy-Vee in Coralville near the park and ride before leaving town, then once on the road I continued playing music and comedy CDs. When I arrived back in the Twin Cities, around 10:45pm, I was listening to the George Carlin double CD. It wasn't quite at the end so I will have to listen to the rest of it soon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment