Thursday, October 8, 2015

You Are My Sunshine

    I went to the Roseville library tonight to print things and the parking lot was nearly full. They were hosting an author's book signing. I got there near the end, and he started the crowd singing 'You are my sunshine'. I went there after going to another event, it was a spaghetti dinner at a community center. I had been to this annual event before. I arrived about 10 minutes before it was scheduled to end, but I still got served. It is nice to find good food at a good price that I don't have to cook. When I made it a Facebook posting I got a response from Neck Tattoo, as I also mentioned fish fries during Lent and 'Booya' soup servings. He hadn't heard of booya, but like me he is not a Minnesota native. He is from Missouri. He made a joke about how he didn't want to have to Google what it was, and I responded with how it is really just vegetable beef soup. They seem to take it really seriously here in Minnesota. After the library I researched an email from earlier in the week and found out more about the Treasures of Napoleon exhibit. Sounds like it is on a boat docked at Harriet Island in St. Paul, just started and will run through early January.
   At work there was more for employee appreciation week, we were served Chipotle at lunchtime. Sounds like I won't be missing much when I am out of the office on Friday, all that is scheduled is being able to wear sports jerseys. We had a fire drill just before midday. I was expecting one this week as it is National Fire Prevention Week and my boss came around to brief us about the exits on Wednesday. It was a slower day so I had the chance to get around to some things I couldn't find the time for recently like schedule an informational meeting. I went out for a walk after eating Chipotle to look around at a little grocery store. After this I spotted a friend from riding the bus, hadn't seen her in a while. But I knew I couldn't stay long as my lunch hour was up.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment