Sunday, October 18, 2015

Unfinished Business Movie

  I had a free day to use at Redbox so I used it today to get the movie 'Unfinished Business', starring Vince Vaughn. It was a comedy, it was all right but not great. I didn't know any of the actors in it besides Vince. It was a deadline movie, and I have seen these before. It meant there was little or no surprise on the ending, meaning they find a way in the end, but what makes the movie is how they get there, or as I call it the 'thrill of the chase'. It was a little odd to see Vince in this role, being more serious than his co-stars, as I have often known him as a goofball. But it was his employees that were goofballs- the dirty old man, and the dim-witted young guy. Closing credits say it was filmed in Boston, though the storyline said the characters were based in St. Louis. I did say it didn't look like the St. Louis airport. It was funny to see the young guy in a hamster ball. They also go to Germany on a business trip, actually this was a big part of the movie. Since I had been to Oktoberfest this month already I liked the mention of this event as part of the storyline. I don't see many movies at theaters, and usually not this kind of movie, but it works fine as a Redbox rental as I invest much less time, money and energy.
   It was a day of chores, of course the typical weekly ones like dishes and groceries. I also had to do laundry, but waited until evening. Before I got groceries I added more than 50 photos to Facebook from my visit to Toronto for the Pan-Am Games. I also went to Dairy Queen to use a 2-for-1 blizzard coupon that was expiring soon.   

No comments:

Post a Comment