Sunday, October 11, 2015

North St. Paul Booya

    I had very little planned for today, a good thing when I just got back into town last night. Really all that was on my list was the booya soup serving at the North St. Paul Fire Department. It started at 11am and I arrived at 1pm, it was already sold out. I was not alone on getting turned away. It was next to a park, one that I hadn't seen before, so I got some pictures before moving on. I decided to head over to Maplewood Mall. I reminded myself how Old Country Buffet was near the mall, but I saw what their prices were and left. I was too afraid of making two mistakes- overpaying and overeating. I hadn't been there in a while to recall what their prices were. So I walked over to the mall and ate at a Japanese food outlet. It was chicken teriyaki. After that I did look around the mall some. I noticed some bungee cord trampolines on one end. A little girl wasn't really big enough to bounce on it. She needed help from an adult who was wearing an Eminem shirt- it said I am whatever you say I am. I knew this was the title of one of his songs. I got home and slept for a while, and got a call saying tonight's date was postponed, as my date was feeling ill. Not sure when we will be meeting now. But I found other things to do. I watched The Simpsons, it was about Patty and Selma trying to quit smoking. Then I walked around the neighborhood and found 10 carts to take back to the grocery store. The weekly visit to the grocery store this morning was really the only errand that was moved back due to visiting Iowa City this weekend. The others- like printing at the library and picking up at the post office- were moved up. I think I prefer errands being moved up, as long as I have the time for all of them, as I tend to have more energy before leaving town. I like purposely running out of food before I go out of town, so it works fine to do grocery shopping when I return. Even though there aren't too many perishables. The 10pm news had something about the city of Northfield deciding to move their historic railroad depot. In the feature they did mention the town's claim to fame, the 1876 Jesse James robbery. The festival related to it, that I like attending, is why the news feature was of interest to me. I had picked up a flyer before about contributing to the depot fund. A Johnny Cash song was played, who did do plenty of songs about trains.    

No comments:

Post a Comment