Friday, October 2, 2015

Tolerate Or Allow

   I sent a Facebook posting to a fellow comic who recently moved to the area from Fargo/Moorhead. I said I was interested in seeing one of his shows. Poster artist said something about how I don't brook mediocre comics. I found out the word has more than one meaning. I knew it as a body of water, but it can also mean tolerate or allow. I did perform at the comedy club tonight, one of the jokes was about a valet parker running past me recently. I thought of this particular comic as I found out he has another CD out there, besides the one on Stand-up Records that I already have. It is from the CD Baby website. Couldn't find it on Amazon, so no choice but to order from there.
   I went to the Chicago hot dog place in the evening, and after this I got pictures down the road of signs advertising a spaghetti supper and a Booya soup serving.
     Also at the comedy club, tortoise did ones about actor the rock, 9 by myself, transformer, Robin Williams, Christopher Walken, Woody Allen, insult comic, and the same Gap. Postage stamp did ones about Ryan Gosling, the pope, and file taxes. Sub teacher did ones about Chanhassen wedding, Christ and Pilate, savor Miller Lite, Ed Snowden, and Butch and Sundance. The button did ones about throw hot potato, compliments, gargoyle, license 10 years late, and takeaway glass. Oklahoma did ones about no car, turn 40, talk to text, don't be bald, hot out here, and burn victim. Stillwater did ones about casual worship, get some sleep, Seinfeld, Reddit, and can't wear backpack. Ukulele did ones about quit to see therapist, Instagram, and worked at Valleyfair. I noticed a Denson and Young poster over the stairs. Long straw did ones about drive to Beloit, drink wine, bake apple crisp, and family's divorces. Bus fare did ones about McRib, Ghostbusters, Beastie boys, and waiting for bus. Fish noodle did ones about a high school prom lock-in, favorite swear word, magic potion, birth control, Hail Mary, and gun in Madison. Blind side did ones about sweater vest, Fred Douglass, and Vanilla Ice. Ragu did ones about drunk on bus, Seagram's, weed party, Allman Brothers, people you may know, and sister in NYC.   

No comments:

Post a Comment