Saturday, October 3, 2015

Monte Carlo And Road Runner

   I went to New Ulm today for my annual visit for Oktoberfest. I liked seeing some classic cars while in town, including a Chevy Monte Carlo and a Plymouth Road Runner. I also liked dancing with the costumed characters known as the Narren, German for fools if I am not mistaken. As usual I did take plenty of photos, looks like a comparable total to one day at the Pan-Am games in Toronto this summer. I hated feeling tired near the end of my drive back home but it wasn't too much of a hindrance to me. I mainly noticed it due to the yawning. I brought 4 CDs to help make the driving easier to and from there. And when I knew I was getting tired in the evening drive I stopped in Jordan and splashed some cold water on my face. Also memorable about this stop at a Holiday gas station was seeing a cop there. I liked hearing a song before I got inside so I stayed to listen to most of it- 'Team' by Lorde. Then I said 'Good song to listen to' and he laughed. I just wanted to show in my actions how I wasn't doing anything like loitering, I had a purpose. My playlist included an EP I got at a wedding last year. Others were Stillwater's comedy CD, Essence by Lucinda Williams, and Fame Monster by Lady Gaga.
    I had considered doing some massage therapy while in town as there was a place in the downtown area that had recently opened, but it was not to be. The woman in charge did not speak good English, we had a hard time communicating. She made me wait a total of 10 minutes, I asked how much I pay and how I pay, found out it was cash only apparently and then I left. She was on her smart phone for much of the time I was waiting, and this annoyed me as it meant I was being ignored. Thankfully I didn't spend any more time there than I did. It was nice going to the Hermann the German monument again, it had been a few years and it has a nice view. I also found the courage to talk to somebody and give them my business card. Much like before, I made it to see the last performance of the day at the Glockenspiel, at 5pm. It was also nice to get to German Park and the fountain, have a drink at Turner Hall, and a shake at Hardee's in Sleepy Eye so I could see the Linus statue across the street from the Hardee's. The next thing is to get a brick in German Park, still need to send in the order form. In a used book shop two books did intrerst me but I didn't buy them. One was England's Mistress by Kate Williams. The other was was Mistress of the Monarchy, by Alison Weir.    

No comments:

Post a Comment