Saturday, October 24, 2015

Short Line 1890-1993

   I went to a benefit event at O'Gara's in St. Paul honoring a firefighter, booya soup was being served. Close to where I was parked I saw big letters on a bridge, and got pictures of all of it wrapping around to the other side. It sounded like the route of a railroad. I did walk the bridge as well, and midway through it did say 'short line 1890-1993'.
   My ex did show up at 11am and we did talk for about 30 minutes. Some of it was about the Charlie Brown event I had attended on Tuesday, and of course it was to have the poster I acquired there to be picked up. One of the things I was informed about was a summer visit to Chicago. It included seeing a White Sox baseball game, in order to get a renewal on a Swedish passport. I long knew about my ex being dual citizen.
   I also went inside O'Gara's as I knew they had Charlie Brown statues outside, and had heard this was a landmark in the family history of creator Charles Schulz. Something about his dad's barber shop being on that site. These statues had been inside a bank across the street, but the bank is now being remodeled. I was pleased with what I found on the wall there, multiple items related to the comic strip. One of them was about the statue series from 2000-2004, honoring the bar as a 5-year sponsor. I am thankful I went in, not sure why I hadn't before.
   In the evening I went to the Soap Factory in Minneapolis and was part of the Haunted Basement. I liked doing another shift as a volunteer actor. I was mainly directing traffic so people didn't get stuck in the maze. I did get some comedy material from it, as I heard some funny things when they saw me in costume. I had a cloak and a mask on, and some mentioned beetle-juice. others spoke of the black plague. I had to tell one dude to move on as he decided to just sit down in my area. I was given a walkie-talkie, unlike before.  

   

No comments:

Post a Comment