Saturday, July 9, 2016

alive, pearl jam

I was driving to see a friend's comedy show tonight and heard 'alive' by pearl jam on my car radio. I was shouting some of the lyrics, like 'oh i'm still alive'. I think I was on vacation in Atlanta 10 years ago and front-man eddie vedder said 'he wrote it about somebody he didn't know that well for a while, he wrote it about himself'. this statement still resonates with me. I went swimming this afternoon, something I don't do that often now as it is not much fun by yourself or with people one doesn't know.
   the comedy show was good, auto-correct was MC and big dog was feature. I had heard most of big dog's jokes before but I still laughed. auto-correct found me near the end of the show and I found her as we were leaving. I said the headliner was pretty good, first time seeing them. liked his jokes about internet dating. when I was driving back from the show tonight I was listening to the twins baseball game on the radio, they were playing the rangers. there was some mention of part of I-94 being shut down in st. paul, and the announcer told all of us 'to be safe'. an online article said it was shut down due to a protest in response to the shooting in falcon heights this week.


No comments:

Post a Comment