Thursday, July 14, 2016

sara lee honey wheat bread

there was a loaf of Sara Lee honey wheat bread left in the break-room at my office this week. I helped finish it off over the past two days. I got the last slice, the heel, so I kept the bag to make it easier to know what to write about. now I know why it was left there. I am looking at the bag and it said 'best if used by July 6'. well it tasted fine to me, despite being 'expired' as of last week. there is a sticker on it that says 'special'. I also see how the bag states it is 'made with real honey, no high fructose corn syrup, no artificial colors or flavors'. (actually it says this on dots all over the package) nutrition facts say it is 70 calories per slice. I then found how it said 'for best results, please use by date on package'. it claims 'it is a choice you can feel good about making-every day'. and 'how did something so yummy get so nutritious?' naturally we are in the social media age, so I also see the 'like us on Facebook' message, much like on many other food packages now. funniest thing to me is seeing it is made by 'Bimbo bakeries' in Horsham, PA. due to the meaning of 'Bimbo' in America, that is different from other countries. the definition found online sure fits the bill-derogatory slang term for attractive but unintelligent female. I am sure that if one 'ring of honor' member sees this post he will point to it as more evidence of my writing style being like Harvey Pekar's. 'how we both have a unique take on the minutia of everyday life'.
    as expected, I stayed a little late at the office to see things were caught up since I am out of the office on Friday. no big deal to me. I did watch two 'big bang theory' episodes tonight, but did not do the typical walk after it as I had other things to do. syndicated rerun was when penny fakes being with Leonard to have her dad think more highly of her. prime time episode was when the game 'never have I ever' was played by the group of friends.
   the walk didn't happen tonight as I wanted to get to the library to print some things, like some sporting event tickets that I had just ordered from StubHub. hard to believe that baseball tickets could be cheaper there than through the team's website. then after this I went to the Ramsey county fair in Maplewood. I skipped this event last year as I was in  Toronto for the pan-am games. not much fun being there tonight due to the rain, but it was nice eating some chili-cheese fries. and hearing a cover band playing 'wagon wheel'. or seeing art in two different buildings. one display was about a mom battling chipmunks in her garden. I had some ice cream as well, 45 flavors to choose from so I went with German chocolate cake. I evoked the movie 'rain man' as I was thinking of all of the flavors of pancakes available in one scene of the movie. After the fair I stopped at a grocery store as I was in dire need of a bathroom. then I bought a lottery ticket from a vending machine for a dollar. the lottery ticket purchase is definitely 'few and far between'.
  oh, and the colleague who had to leave the previous day? she was back at work. so nice to hear she is on the mend.

No comments:

Post a Comment