Monday, July 11, 2016

cheap thrills, sia

I have been hearing another Sia song on my car radio, had to look it up online and listen to it again on youtube. found out it is called 'cheap thrills'. the lyrics are good, and so is the beat. I point to things like 'turn the radio on, hit the dance floor, I got all I need, as long as I can feel the beat'. the video is an idea I had seen before, with a 1950s theme. it works on some level, I think for contrast purposes, much like the different styles that Madonna uses in 'papa don't preach'. or in terms of just the video itself, I am thinking of Nirvana's 'in bloom'. I am still surprised that I am just starting to hear her music, when according to Wikipedia she's 40 and moved to NYC over a decade ago. she's Australian, and was in great Britain for a while as well. this one sounds like a hit, much like 'elastic heart' and 'alive' before it. I also had to listen to another song she did, 'guts over fear', which she did with Eminem. from what I can recall, I think there was mention of how she has wrote songs that others have performed. and then sometimes she will perform them herself if they are turned down by other musicians.
   I sent my bio on to the resistable comic tonight for the fringe show. I found out it wasn't that hard to write one, just needed a little time to present what I thought was relevant. I did mention the blog, and how I was inspired by emerson hough. I sent the bio after watching my DVD copy of 'up in the air', since it was mostly filmed in st. louis and I will be there soon. I did make an appearance at the comedy club tonight, but after I wasn't picked I decided I needed to go home right away and get some things done.

No comments:

Post a Comment