Sunday, July 17, 2016

so alive, goo goo dolls

I started this morning at my hotel room near the st. louis airport. I heard plenty of music from this weekend, as expected, when I have the radio on with the rental car. the standout was 'so alive' by the goo goo dolls. the lyrics really work for me. what hooked me was 'never going to live if you're too scared to die'. but not the only lyric that I liked. others were 'no, you never crash if you don't try'. others would be 'looking in the mirror, making peace with the enemy, for the first time I feel like someone, don't tell me how it feels'. I found the video on youtube, on the second look at it the filming location appears to be at an abandoned railroad station. one sees plenty of signs in the background saying 'tickets', as well as 'bag check'. I understood the prevailing theme in the video, it was a boxing match that a young lady had with somebody that looked like her twin. it explains he 'looking in the mirror' lyric. I hadn't heard much by the goo goo dolls lately, though I had seen them in concert when I lived in suburban Chicago over a decade ago, at one of the big outdoor venues in the area.
   there was one thing that happened to me in this annual visit, that has happened before when out pf town. I woke up and asked myself where I was and how I got there. then I said 'you're at a hotel, idiot!' I know why this happens. my bed at home might be familiar, but the ones at some of these hotels are way more comfortable.
   I didn't do much today, as expected, since it was my final day in town. it was eat, swim, check out of hotel, and fly. I liked getting to the hotel's pool before checkout. I feel like I don't go swimming often enough, sometimes just once a year. I was in the pool for about 15 minutes. I made it to the Mexican restaurant near my hotel, and the owner recognized me from before even though I just make it there annually. I had a green burrito, I noticed plenty of onions in it. I mailed myself a postcard, but forgot to find a box before the flight so I did it after I made it back to Minnesota. it was typical on unpacking, not taking long. I take a duffel bag, traveling light. it is mostly full of dirty clothes and cheap souvenirs. we touched down at MSP around 5pm, and I was back home an hour later. I tried watching 'the simpsons' but fell asleep, I had seen it before though. when I woke up I knew I still needed to get groceries, and I did after I went over to bobby and steve's to get a little godfather's pizza.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment