Saturday, July 2, 2016

the lobster movie

this afternoon I went to see the movie 'the lobster' at the highland park theater in st. paul. it served as a replacement for being unable to tour a museum. when I got to the museum in south st. paul I saw a sign on the door saying 'closed for the holiday'. after researching online I decided on this movie as I figured this dark comedy was just what the doctor ordered, laughing about my being single. I will admit that even though I knew the premise, it was still a weird movie to me. single people are sent to a resort, and if they don't find a mate after 45 days they are turned into an animal. I probably should have laughed more often as some observations about life that were made were 'spot-on'. good cast, I recognized many of the actors in it like colin Farrell, Rachel weisz, and john c. reilly. the ending seemed to be a 'choose your own adventure' as it was left unresolved as to what happened to the main character in it. thankful I saw this movie though.
   I also went to a comedy show, and performed at it. finally did some jokes that I had meant to do recently, but forgot to. and I did mention seeing this movie. another one was about my facebook posting this week, 'I am single because I am an idiot' seemed to be the way I decided to sum it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment