Sunday, July 3, 2016

shoes at kohl's

I went to kohl's to get some shoes after performing this afternoon. I had a gift card that arrived recently that helped knock the price down. I thought it was odd to see another Star Wars- themed item there, even some shoes were promoting the movie. I got a picture as evidence, but didn't buy those. for one thing, there weren't many left. I found them in the discount section. and it meant there weren't any in my size. I didn't want to be there for long, get in and out, as there other things I wanted to get done before watching 'The Simpsons' tonight. It was one about Homer buying a grill instead of a washing machine. I went to the kohl's at Maplewood mall, or as I sometimes call it 'maple-weird', and thankfully I found a comfortable walking shoe quickly. it was the only pair I tried on, Fila. I had tried Vans and they didn't seem to last long. same is true with those I got at target in February, as a winter shoe for trudging through the mud and snow, a pair of Merona shoes. these were marked down even before the gift card was used, and there was a discount added by the cashier as well, so there was discounts galore. then it was on to a nearby McDonald's where I got a vanilla ice cream cone, and liked seeing a classic Chevrolet pickup in the lot so I got photos of it. I had been nearby this weekend to go to the library, and liked seeing some Charlie brown and snoopy statues, well this was why I wanted to get back in the area but needed a reason besides just photography. I had to take a frontage toad to get there, but I found them. there was two, a Charlie Brown, and a Lucy. it appeared to be outside a car dealer, the kind where the cars are kept inside. and since it was Sunday I got free rein on pictures, no chance of anyone saying 'what are you doing?' I had run out of ideas on finding some that I hadn't found yet, as I have already found over 170. and many of them are now in private collections. it has been much easier to get access to those on public display, no surprise there. I think these are the first that I had found this year, and the last one may have been behind the new saints baseball stadium last year.
   I did perform at the donut show this afternoon, I closed the show. I spoke about seeing 'The Lobster'  movie  and my recent Facebook posting about being single, along with seeing a fellow member of the writers union. we could get an extra minute if we did an America bit, so I did one about John Philip Sousa marches, such as 'The Thunderer', and 'Stars and stripes forever'. the former was in a Clint Eastwood movie, 'Bronco Billy'.




No comments:

Post a Comment