Friday, July 29, 2016

replay, IYAZ

I went to Canadian days in little Canada tonight after work. it was a typical first night at the festival, getting my button and having the corn on the cob. I also liked hearing some recorded music there, found out the song was 'replay' by IYAZ. the hook was 'I can be your melody, a girl that could write you a symphony'. some versions on youtube are listed as a sean Kingston song. according to Wikipedia, it was released in june 2009, and Kingston and Jason derulo were two of the writers along with IYAZ. there was also mention of a remix with flo rida. this is a catchy song, so I understand why it topped the charts in some nations. other notable lyrics were 'shawty's like a melody in my head that I can't keep out', and 'like my ipod stuck in replay'. I get the reference of 'that girl is a gun in my holster', much like saying 'hand in glove' on how well it fits. I also like 'so come baby girl let's sing with me'. it is a reminder of being in new York last year when I was out on a walk and heard a dude say 'come on, baby girl' to his lady. the video shows a british virgin islands flag in the background, where IYAZ is from. he is often wearing a new York Yankees hat, using headphones, and at the beach. there was another Wikipedia entry for a song called 'replay' by zendaya, released in 2013, but it is not the same song apparently.
    I was recognized at the festival as 'the one with all the buttons', but I had to say 'since I moved here in 2004'. besides the corn I also had some pizza, and mini donuts. I walked around and got pictures of things like the tilt a whirl, and the stage as there was some live music happening. it may have been a cover band, called 'bad girlfriends' if I am not mistaken, mostly female members. I tried to find the sports authority store in Roseville after leaving the festival, and I did, sort of. it is now closed, according to the sign on the front door. so I got a few pictures, after parking my car near the front door, and left.
  it was nice to get the workday sone as I was covering for my 'cohort' who was out, and it sounds like she will be out on monday as well. so I was busy seeing that things like the new titles were caught up, and they were but just barely. there was over two hundred.

No comments:

Post a Comment