Sunday, July 17, 2016

karaoke bar, busch beer

after the baseball game I went to a bar on karaoke night. I chose a pearl jam song, 'elderly woman behind the counter in a small town'. being from small-town Iowa helps with that one. 'the need to perform', there is a lot of truth to this statement. for this reason, this annual visit to st. louis feels different than the others. also notable was the cheap beers, compared to what I am used to. I had two bottles of Busch beer and they were $2.50 each.
   I tried touring a photography museum before the game near St. Louis University but it was closed. I did go to Ted Drewes and had a pineapple concrete ice cream treat. the game was a good one, the Cardinals beat the Marlins 5-0. Adam Wainwright went the distance in this one, rare to see a complete game shutout. They played 'little ball' to take a 4-0 lead.
  I said 'what are the odds?' about seeing a man from sioux center, iowa, next to me at the game. then i saw the same man with his family when i finally decided to take the metro-link light rail system back to the airport. i walked around for a little while after the game ended, liked getting pictures all over downtown. i stopped at the ballpark hilton and liked finding a some psotcards there, along with a bag of cashews that was likely way cheaper than at the game. since i found the reanissance hotel, airport location, and got pictures of it after picking up my rental car that may complete my list of finding places where 'up in the air' was filmed. at least in this metro area.
   i found the karaoke bar while out and about, and another stop was to find a hot shots bar and grill. not too impressed, and i had already eaten lunch. but i liked hearing a green day song at a tent sale, it was coming from an SUV owned by a radio station sponsoring the event. i picked up a sticker as a souvenir, it was 105.7, playing alternative music, some of it was a reminder of my college days.

No comments:

Post a Comment