Tuesday, July 5, 2016

chuck jones exhibit

I went to the chuck jones exhibit at the Minnesota history center this afternoon. as usual, I learned something while there. I knew he was an animator for warner brothers, as he did characters like bugs bunny and others. I found out what he did after leaving warner brothers, and this included 'the grinch' TV special. not much photography was allowed at this particular exhibit, just two places. one was at the beginning, with bugs bunny. the other was near the back, and it showed an anvil overhead, made me think of wiley coyote and the road runner.
   I also saw the exhibit next to it about people from india who have immigrated to America. notable was seeing mindy kaling mentioned, who was on the TV show 'the office'. I noticed how bobby Jindal was left out, not sure why. is this because he is a politician? it looks like it was a good idea to go when I did, as both exhibits were scheduled to end soon. the chuck jones exhibit closes in the middle of august and the india exhibit closes next week.
   sometimes I have no choice but to do some chores on a holiday, but I liked what I got done. I decided to empty another bookcase and re-fill one that had 'half collapsed' earlier this year. the one that I emptied was in bad shape. now I must figure out when I am going to get another bookcase from bed bath and beyond, as I have two gift cards to use there. the only sturdy one I have owned, out of three, was bought there. the other two were from target. I got a photo of the one I retired after pulling it pout of the corner, then I folded it up and put it on top of a grocery cart to haul it to the dumpster.
   in the evening I went to the saints baseball game, the saints beat Joplin 9-2 after falling behind early 1-0. the saints were aided by a grand slam among other things, which put them ahead 6-1. I had a chili cheese dog and bottled water at the game. after the game ended I went to look around at the souvenir shop and got some saints stickers. one of them was put on the back of my car, as I wanted this new car to carry a saints sticker just like the previous one did. it was delightful to sit next to a boy who said he was 11, he wanted a foul ball and he did get one thrown his way in the 7th. when I arrived I saw some people  I knew from the play 'george', they were in costume promoting the play as it starts soon at a nearby venue. after the game I got an ice cream sandwich at a super-America, but not the one near the stadium. at first I was a little un-nerved, it sounded like something was hitting my car, then I told myself 'it was just the fireworks'. this was a busy fourth of july, but I very much enjoyed myself.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment