Friday, July 8, 2016

roam, b-52's

I was having a sandwich at erbert gerbert at midday and heard the song 'roam' by the b-52's. for some reason it seemed to be the right song to hear when hearing about all of these shootings. since it is a happy song and encourages people to be free. I also liked it since the video depicts some young people getting into the back of a pickup truck, a reminder of how I often got around to events like little league baseball games as a kid. it was the typical response that I had to a song I liked, where I decided to linger a little to hear more of it. but eventually I knew I needed to get to Walgreen down the block and pick up a few items before getting back to the office.
    tonight I went to see a play, 'george', just blocks from my workplace in downtown st. paul. I had seen it last year as well, it had whopper as the lead character, Washington. I decided to seek out the actor that played benedict Arnold as I said he was convincing in his role, being sneaky. although it was the actor playing ben franklin that encouraged me to make it out, as he was thrilled to see me at the saints baseball game this week, where they were promoting the show. I did hear about another play they are doing, it is part of the fringe festival. I am in a fringe play as well, but it looks like there is still a chance to see their play as not all of the 5 showings conflict.
    I also saw school bouncer as a guest on a local news segment, he has been on it before but it was the first time I had seen it. I liked how he said things like 'not wanting to be hopeless' and 'build bridges not burn them'.


No comments:

Post a Comment