Saturday, October 8, 2016

barbershop 2 movie

saw the movie 'barbershop 2' tonight as a redbox rental. it had a little bit of everything, so it works for me. funny in some places, but also good social commentary. wanted to see it as I knew nicki minaj, the musician, would be in it. I haven't seen the original movie, but I don't think much was lost on me by missing out on that one. when this one has the ladies doing hair next to the dudes then the banter is good. especially when they talk about relationships. hard to say what the main takeaway was from this movie, but it likely was cedric the entertainer. he played the elder statesman in it, and spent plenty of time commentating. I know this fits ced, as he is a comedian. but I also noticed how he hardly ever seemed to be cutting hair, for this reason. after that, the main plot seemed to be ice cube dealing with his young son. I had seen a movie he was in before, 'boyz in the hood'. it had been a while since I had done a redbox rental, but I looked at my facebook and meetup invites and didn't see anything of note so I said I had the time for a movie. especially when I checked the paper and nothing at theaters was of interest to me. a redbox rental is way cheaper anyway.
   naturally, I did more than watch a movie today. I went to the Iowa/Minnesota football game over at TCF bank stadium. I don't mind these 11am starts, as the game is over earlier as well. but it also meant that chores and errand running had to wait until after the game. I drove most of the way over to the university and parked at a surface lot, and walked the rest of the way. I actually like walking across the river to get there. but walking takes longer than the light rail, and I arrived after the game began but still early in the game, no score. iowa led 3-0 at the half, and went on to win 14-7. iowa trailed 7-6 at one point, but went ahead again on a long running play, and went for two after it. I bought my ticket on stubhub and it was in the lower level near Iowa's sideline. after the game ended, some fans were gathering by the wall, so I joined them. the iowa players came over to acknowledge us, and high fives were given though I had to jockey for position so I had a hard time getting any high fives at all. it also meant they showed off the trophy, the pig known as 'Floyd of rosedale'. when this was part of the experience, I said 'worth it!' after that I walked back across the river, but then it was to bobby and steve's to get a late lunch. I already had godfather's pizza this weekend, so I got the chicken and mashed potatoes meal. a fountain drink was included, I chose a vanilla sugar free seagram's, it tasted good. then it was back to my car and on to the library to print some things. though I didn't stay until closing time at 5pm like I typically do. I drove home and rested for a while, and had a late dinner at the Chicago hot dog place. it is no longer known as chris and rob's apparently, but the 'Chicago taste authority'. I arrived just before closing time, which is 9pm. then I went to a dairy queen and used a 2 for 1 blizzard coupon. one employee was interested in how I do stand-up, so I gave him a business card. he said some people say he looks like jesus, due to his beard and hair. then after going to the grocery store I watched the movie.


No comments:

Post a Comment