Sunday, October 16, 2016

broken drumstick

I went to perform this afternoon and saw a broken drumstick on the stage after the show ended. I took a picture of it and put it on a table, along with a blue blanket. odd what I sometimes see left behind at venues. there is probably a story about the drumstick but hard to say what it is. this is a small stage so I wonder how musical equipment could fit on it. my set included mention of a brick in new ulm, an office colleague that calls me by the wrong name, an internet dating match that found my youtube clips, and getting a sock puppet. guess it made a difference how international falls decided to promote the blog for me after I was done, as the previous entry did get some views.
   it was nice getting plenty of things done before performing. this included doing the dishes and reading the paper, though I found nothing I wanted to see at the movie theater just yet. I am still fine with waiting for the movie as a redbox rental.
   I liked seeing 'The Simpsons' Halloween episode tonight, and it was number 600 as well. it ended up being a james bond theme. I even liked an inside joke how it was 'Halloween episode money' in one scene to explain what was happening. then after it I laid down in my easy chair with a blanket on me and slept for a while, waking up just before the 10pm news. then after the news I went outside again to take some carts back to the grocery store that I found in my neighborhood, six in all.
   every so often I have weird dreams. I had two of them today. one was about waking up and saying 'good, it is 12 o'clock'. found out it was the wrong 12 though, and I had missed a half day of work and probably should have asked for a vacation day to avoid a black mark on my attendance. another was talking with my dad about songs by prince.
    I do my best to analyze my own dreams, but some still are a mystery to me. I know the former has been a concern, having I.T. problems and being unable to 'stamp in' on time to the system. the latter? I guess there was a comic in it as well, who witnessed the talk about prince songs, but I haven't seen them in a while. not complaining about that when we weren't good friends anyway. the mystery is why my dad was a part of this dream. unless it was witnessing a conversation on a street after performing one night this week and one man said to another how prince put Minnesota on the map. I am not big on these conversations with people I don't know, especially at night, so I know full well it would have made me feel uncomfortable to have been a part of it. I know I have been told before how the best decisions you make are the ones you don't have to make.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment