Monday, October 24, 2016

lady and the trump

saw the 'lady and the trump' show at brave new workshop in Minneapolis tonight. I laughed a lot, and I liked seeing one thing in particular in it. there was a scene about couples therapy that was about how people argue on social media- sad but true. I never cared for anyone saying 'unfriend me of you feel this way'. I am likely to oblige them as it is being way too extreme about issues like an election. there was also a 'bonus act' where the improv troupe did some unscripted improv.
   I made it to the twin city film festival in st. louis park, but got frustrated about how hard it was to get there due to the closed roads and dead end roads. I hadn't been there in a while, and can't believe how some of this construction is still happening. the movie I saw was a documentary, 'searching for america', about the presidential primaries. I was offered a free ticket as compensation, but quietly declined as I wasn't sure if there was anything else I wanted to see. and I had other things I wanted to do for the rest of the day.
   I made it to the company's fitness center this afternoon, first time in years I think. not sure how long, but I don't think I made it there at all when I was in a relationship. I was proud of being there most every week after it opened, this was back in 2008, 'except for the weekend right before the republican convention'. guess it was a good idea for a day when a regular open-mic was canceled due to an event at the Vikings stadium. I am more likely to lose weight if I go to the fitness center instead of eat donuts and drink beer. or is it possible to do both on the same day? as dad would say, priorities.  

No comments:

Post a Comment