Saturday, October 22, 2016

water and lemon

I performed a guest set at the comedy club tonight, and started off having a rolling rock beer. I went into the showroom to watch the headliner and was offered a water and lemon, and accepted. I said I 'fell in love with performing again' and how 'it is still fun'. well I have learned that one has to enjoy performing to keep at it. so it is nice to have nights like these. and it is more fun to perform in front of larger crowds as well. I did say I liked sharing the stage with school bouncer and perkins as well. school bouncer got me onto another snapchat video, and I wanted to talk about selena Gomez songs. it might surprise some, but I like lady gaga as well. we tend to like what we are good at, and I find that I like doing videos as much as stand-up. I do like holding court with crowd members who liked what jokes I did, but I had to get used to it as part of performing. if they like what you do, they will tell you. I do like talking about the craft of comedy. and it is nice to hear how somebody said 'I needed to laugh' so I liked how it helped them. so it can go beyond just me wanting to work through annoying things in my life, where I look forward to 'dumping pain' by telling jokes about it. one was about what I heard at a super-America tonight after I went to eat at a pizza place at mall of America. there were ones about the new conference room names, the united way campaign, internet dating, the great pumpkin, and my dad asking me the meaning of a word.
  it worked just fine not to do much after being at the office. I considered going to a haunted house but I knew I would prefer resting a little while. it helped figure out where I wanted to eat tonight, and when I did was up and out the door. then after I got back I watched my DVD copy of 'the great pumpkin'. I wanted to see the entire Charlie brown special and I like how I can watch it whenever I want. since it aired on TV this week I knew I wanted to see it while still thinking about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment