Sunday, October 30, 2016

eat that question movie

saw the movie 'eat that question', a documentary about musician frank zappa, as a redbox rental. there was a free day code available, so why not? it was mostly 'in his own words', as advertised, through the various interviews he had done. I liked seeing how many of them were from foreign countries, to show the reach, and influence, he had. he proved to be intelligent, in terms of the tough responses he gave to tough questions. I liked seeing some of his testimony at congressional hearings from the 1980s, when tipper gore led a crusade against song lyrics. I recalled reading the transcript in a college class, and he would say things like how it can't be compared to acting, where actors are hired to pretend. what did I learn? the main thing, and I usually learn something from documentaries, is how he was trained in classical music. I knew he did some weird songs, with titles like 'burnt weeny sandwich', 'don't eat yellow snow', and 'valley girl'. he died in 1993, it was mentioned in the campus paper at the college I attended.
  I had plenty to do today, since most of my chores and errand running was moved back due to the 'day trip' and acting at the haunted house. so it meant getting laundry done, along with dishes and the grocery store. add performing in the afternoon, and watching the world series, in addition to the redbox rental. somehow I got it all done, but it meant having to scrap going to the fitness center. probably more time available for that next week, when the open-mic is called off due to the Vikings game. I even did a few small things while watching the world series, game 5. Chicago beat Cleveland 3-2, so the series will go back to Cleveland and game 6 is Tuesday. the cameras kept showing actor-comedian bill murray in the crowd, and at times I think john cusack as well. musician eddie vedder sang the 7th inning stretch.
   it went well with performing, though a light crowd for this 'donut party', as I was one of just 6. I did ones about being confused for someone else in the parking lot, corn nuts, being at the fitness center last week, the day trip to iowa, and the haunted house. I have a few others ready as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment