Wednesday, October 12, 2016

hawkeye hat retired

I noticed there was a tear in my iowa hawkeye hat when I arrived at the office. so, as expected, I ended up ripping it up. I am not sure how I acquired it, but probably at an alumni event. I don't think I purchased it. hard to say if I will replace it, when this is the fall season, getting colder, and I already have some other hats I like wearing more.
   I did get stage time at the performance venue, working through things like internet dating. one match spoke of finding me on youtube, I said that some of my comedy sets are there. also the senior leader who calls me by the wrong name on purpose, thinking it is funny. he did this when I was passing by a big meeting. there is plenty of silent auction items available this week for the united way campaign, including 12 artworks. I haven't bid on anything yet, and I noticed just 9 of the artworks have been bid on. the bidding will go until midday Friday. I said 'oh god' to a colleague when I read on about events for this campaign next week. pleased that there is no penny wars, but what they replaced it with is worse: a presidential poll. I said I am not touching it with a 10-foot pole.


No comments:

Post a Comment