Wednesday, October 26, 2016

was he lit?

I performed tonight and early on in my set I dealt with a man who said 'you better be funny' and then wanted to join me onstage. he did get close to me but I said 'off!' and the techie helped him off, while a server don't 'don't talk back to me' to him. I think I also saw the manager at one point. don't know if he was ejected, but he didn't bother me after that. so I had to wonder, since he heckled somebody before me, was he lit? it was at this venue where I learned this term. I had heard other slang terms for 'drunk', but not that one. I liked how I got through all of the jokes on my list, like pot kettle, snapchat, ambivalent, conference rooms, fool, corn nuts, and what kind of dog someone claims he is. now I have another story to tell.
   I did watch most of game 2 of the world series tonight before leaving for the venue, Chicago beat Cleveland 5-1 so it is 1-1 now. the game starting time was moved up one hour as rain was expected and they wanted to get the game in. sounds like it was a good move, as there was some rain near the end of the game.
   at the office I was covering for my cohort, who was using a vacation day. no big deal though, made the day go faster, having all of the payoff report and new titles.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment