Saturday, October 29, 2016

coming clean, green day

I began the day in west des moines, iowa, at my hotel. and I finished the day back in Minnesota. I played more CDs for the drive back home. one of them was 'dookie' by green day. I liked one line in 'coming clean', a lesser known song, about being '17 and strung out on confusion'. I said I couldn't ignore how much that green day songs are relatable to me. this was in addition to those that I already liked, such as 'longview', 'when I come around', 'basket case', and 'she'. I've noticed that all of my addictions are metaphorical, and this song uses a metaphor. also part of my playlist was the social distortion self-titled CD. the line I really liked hearing was 'you can run all of your life and not go anywhere'. it is from 'ball and chain'. but there are so many songs that I like on this CD. this includes 'story of my life', 'ring of fire', 'coulda been me', 'she's a knockout', and 'place in my heart'. to some it was surprising that I ended up liking this band, and have seen them in concert twice. but I keep re-inventing myself, and I've learned that different genres can have relatable music. punk, rap, and heavy metal are all good at the 'I don't care' attitude.
   I liked how once I got started on the road, it was just one stop I made, in clear lake, iowa. actually there was one once I reached the twin cities, but hard to count as it was a place I get gas at regularly so it is in my neighborhood. and it was time to have some lunch as well. I set the alarm on my phone for 8am and was up just a few minutes before then, showered, and went to have a breakfast sandwich at mcdonald's. there was a woman there with a kid wearing a Kansas state shirt as their football team was scheduled to play at iowa state later in the day. then I checked out of the hotel and was on the road at 9am, made it back home just before 2pm.
    when I made it back I noticed there was very little mail, some of it was about candidates running in the upcoming election. didn't take long to go through emails, but I couldn't rest for long as I wanted to do some acting at a haunted house tonight. I played a clown, no big whoop. but I liked the comedy material I got from it. and I do like doing various forms of performing. I made it through the shift without needing a bathroom break, though I took one at the end of the night. I kept a bottle of water and some graham crackers nearby.

No comments:

Post a Comment