Monday, October 17, 2016

escape hatch open

it was raining when I was getting off work this evening. I got on a bus that had an escape hatch open, so it was wet inside the bus. eventually the driver stopped and got out a tool to close it, reminded me a little of mary poppins. I like how there was a simple solution. I didn't want to try it myself as I believe the solution should be better than the problem. I wasn't sure if I could reach it, safely.
    we had an advisory board meeting this afternoon at the office, looks like I am getting closer to making a contribution to 'news to know', our weekly online newsletter. I am doing the 'how-to' corner. we are continuing the united way fundraising campaign, looks like the penny wars replacement, an election, will be starting soon. one of the candidates to vote for is our senior leader.
   I did make it to the performance venue tonight, and some of the things I covered included the united way campaign. but also how I paid for the artwork from the silent auction and I think I will be delaying getting it home until I can bring my car as I think the bus is a bad idea for it. all the more reason to wait when it was raining. I left both of them in the vault, or our file room. it is a good idea as it has controlled access, having to enter a code. I of course will grumble a little about having to pay for parking, but I know this time it is worth it. it was nice to see the fancy comic performing as well, I like how he seeks me out and greets me each time. not everybody does this, so I like the gesture.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment