Tuesday, October 4, 2016

dish towel becomes rag

I decided to keep a dish towel I found in the street as a rag for my car. it was dirty and I let it soak in soapy water in my mop bucket but knew it would be hard to clean it entirely. probably would mean dry cleaning, and I mainly do that for actual clothes and not towels. so when I was leaving to go to the comedy club tonight I had it thrown in the trunk of my car. it had been hung up to dry for much of my day, while I was at the office. nothing wrong with having another rag, much like having another snow brush.
   at work I saw the Filipino man and spoke of getting started on the travel guide for his native land. he did say the etiquette mentioned in it is correct, about it is best to avoid being pushy. I have read that part, and the history, that is it. this item is the one thing I didn't pack for the weekend in iowa city. I know myself well enough that when I pack in a rush there is usually one thing that end up forgetting to pack that I would like to have, and it is always a question of how well I can do without it. I spent my time writing in my hotel room, so it was no big deal doing without the travel guide.
    I did get stage time tonight, doing karaoke. I sang 'these are days' by 10,000 maniacs, a reminder of being at college. I just had to wait for the Vikings game to end, and they beat the giants 24-10. I looked through the binder, it took a while. looks like there are some more that I can sing with passion at a later time, I made a note of those six songs by writing them down.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment