Wednesday, November 30, 2016

accidental inventions

tonight at the comedy club I heard a comic try to do a joke about inventions discovered by accident. except he didn't do it well at all. so when I went onstage I started off by answering his joke, saying there were many inventions discovered by accident like the x-ray. so it is really not a big deal. the set went well, part of it was about what I did for thanksgiving. and egg nog. and asking a friend for advice. then when the show was over I went to another venue to perform. and I made more references to various songs at the second venue. liked how some liked hearing how listening to heavy metal music one time at a long concert gave me the healthy 'I don't care' attitude that I needed and was lacking for too long.
   I met with my boss in the afternoon for my performance evaluation. at first I was unnerved to hear he wanted to meet with me, through i.m., as I wondered what I had done wrong. but it went fine and I said I wanted to go on record about what qualities I want in the new boss since he got promoted. I don't want to work for a micro-manager. it was hard to stay occupied at work since there wasn't much on the payoff report, due to the holiday as it is typically on a one-week delay. I did help with hanging some holiday decorations, some garland and bulbs. and another vacation day off has been requested for the final month of the calendar year.


No comments:

Post a Comment