Saturday, November 12, 2016

pizza at target

I went to target in Roseville tonight for my evening meal, had some pizza and lacroix water. found out I knew the clerk from my office job, back in 2008. she was laid off from that job, and another one after it. she told me she went back to school and wants to be self-employed now. I apologized to the people behind me in line. I gave her a business card and she said she may see me perform. I figured she had recognized me from performing, I tend to hear that more often. I went to get another Sia CD after this, and it looks like Lady Gaga has another CD out, called 'joanne'. so I will have to hear some of it at some point, like from youtube. since many of you know I like Lady Gaga as well.
   then another chapter of 'weird conversations with the general public' happened. I left the target and went to the mcdonald's in little Canada, as I wanted an ice cream cone. I was watching something about mr. trump on ABC-TV there when a man approaches me. I wonder if he is a panhandler, we say 'good evening' and 'hi' to each other. I am asked if I am eating that, the cone was half-eaten by then. I said I am enjoying it, good stuff, doesn't cost much. I then hear this man get ice cream for his kids say to the order taker that he 'is like Donald Trump'. this can be interpreted in many different ways. I finished my ice cream and got out of there before I was stuck talking to this man again. it reminds me of how I am thankful I evolved. I have to rely on my wits to stay out of trouble. I am willing to give deadpan responses to see that things don't escalate.
   when I got home I put in my DVD copy of the movie 'only the lonely' as I get inspiration and motivation after watching it for the dates I go on. I have one scheduled this weekend, and I like the Ally Sheedy line- 'fight for me!' in it. I also read some articles about how to be charming. I reminds me about what to do, and what not to do. I have to tell myself that I have a chance if I bring my 'A game' and don't psyche myself out. I have already lost if I think too much about how many times I have already failed, and the ways I did. I've got this and have learned from all of it. I know it is a good idea to stay as busy as possible before the date, so I don't think about it too much.
   at work I got an article submitted for our 'news to know'. it was a how-to about booking conference rooms. I liked the challenge of technical writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment