Tuesday, November 1, 2016

wild vs. sabres game

I went to the xcel center tonight and saw the Minnesota wild game vs. the buffalo sabres. Minnesota lost 2-1. I wanted to see my college roommate, he was there with his family. it was military appreciation night. he got to ride in a 'third zamboni' that had fans on the ice but was not clearing the ice. I thought that was cool. I was sitting on the opposite end of the row from his family. I was sitting next to somebody he knew from school in osage, iowa. it was nice to know somebody that knew him, we did swap some stories. I was told he was a pervert even 30 years ago, which doesn't surprise me much. my seatmate said it was her first hockey game. and about being in the twin cities for training, having a master's in botany.
   there was email problems at the workplace, we did not have it for a while, most of the day actually. be we adapted. the main thing was getting a link to the system where I could log out the payoff report. the way around it was my boss having to send it through the I.M. system. and I liked seeing the Filipino man as we spoke about the movie 'la vie en rose'. he was familiar with the music of edith piaf. but what caught me off-guard was getting choked up about discussing the song 'I regret nothing'. so what I had to do was write about it, free verse poetry, before I could move on emotionally. I knew it was a moment where I really was inspired to write, couldn't waste it.
   I also decided to change the name of my twitter account. I have had it for over two years, and found out I could change it to something that I liked more. I also changed a few things, updated my profile, on facebook. I don't do either that much.


No comments:

Post a Comment