Tuesday, November 29, 2016

whatever, godsmack

recently I recall fargo Moorhead quote a song I was kind of familiar with when he heard my standard line 'doing the best I can'. I knew the next line was 'now go away'. it was 'whatever' by godsmack. the video I found on youtube takes place at a live performance. there are times where heavy metal songs like this one really works for me. so many good lines in it, like 'I don't like you anyway'. or 'you're pathetic, in your own way'. and besides 'the best I can' I also like how they follow it with 'the best I ever did'. this band, according to Wikipedia, is from Lawrence, MA, and the map states this is north of Boston.
   tonight I was at the performance venue, and the fancy comic showed up later on and was show closer. I did ones about thanksgiving dinner and walk, facebook arguments, annoying people at work, seeing 'napoleon dynamite', a call from a dental office, and an emergency drill.
   at the office my 'cohort' was out, taking a day off, so I had to cover the payoff report by myself. no big deal, makes the day go faster.
    on facebook it looks like there is already some activity from joining groups related to an interest in visiting the Philippines. I will have to let my colleague know about this as he has already said he is willing to help me with understanding the culture and customs of his native land.

No comments:

Post a Comment