Wednesday, November 9, 2016

confessional booth

tonight when I was performing I called it 'my confessional booth'. there is a lot of truth to that when most of my set is about what has been happening in my life. this included things like when somebody tried to sell me drugs, karaoke, sia songs, Lincoln memorial and the Gettysburg address, getting ready for an upcoming date, and a friend being brave to share on facebook. I said she was more brave than I have been at times. I am too ashamed to admit certain things, too afraid I will be judged harshly. she spoke of having an abortion in the past week. I got out my st. paul saints hat, put it on, and took it off so I would be accurate on saying 'my hat is off to you' for being brave. in the end that got to me more than anything else on my news feed. most of it was friends saying they were disappointed with the outcome of the election.
   I did get ready for a date by deciding to do a dry run tonight over to the venue I have chosen. I like being prepared. I also had the Filipino man visit my cube and help with registering for a volunteer event that I am helping with this weekend. I had some i.t. problems with it recently, so I had to speak up and say I needed help.


No comments:

Post a Comment