Saturday, November 26, 2016

finally resent letter

I liked having the day off as I got some little things done, had more of the energy for it. one of those was, finally, re-sending a letter to the editor in my hometown in iowa. it was rejected nearly a year ago as it was too long, needed to be 400 words or less. I counted it and it was 455. this time it was just over 300. so I look forward to hearing more soon as to if it will be published. I also got signed up for some facebook groups, such as those who attend bears games at a st. paul bar. and those who post photos for historical purposes.
   I watched some of the iowa-nebraska football game this afternoon, once it was put on ABC. the early game, Houston at Memphis, ran long. but it was still a scoreless tie, when the first game ended, so I guess we didn't miss much. iowa went on to win 40-10, it helped that they took advantage of some big plays in the first half. so now we will wait to hear what bowl game they are going to. it would be nice to attend another one of their bowl games, but it probably won't be this year. I did like attending the outback bowl in tampa, florida, in early 2009, iowa beat south Carolina that day.
   during halftime of the football game I went out to do some shopping. I went to a family dollar and got seven items, including a CD and DVD. the CD was the soundtrack to the movie 'breakfast club'. and the DVD was 'the truth about cats and dogs', starring janeane garofalo and uma Thurman. I also placed an order with amazon, it was for the movie 'girl, interrupted' and for a book about norman lear, the TV show producer. I know I had written about 'interrupted' before. another online order that I placed was for a ticket for a gopher hockey game next week, I go to Mariucci arena annually.
     the amazon order would have been three items, but I was unsure about the options available for the movie 'hype!', about the grunge music scene in seattle. I already have it on VHS, but wanted to get it on DVD. looks like the only options were imports, from france, Germany, or japan. the options were just as limited on e-bay, though I did see an Australian edition there. I want to get it right, it is my money, after all! so no big deal if I wait a little longer to figure it out. attending a st. paul saints game this season prompted me to watch the movie again, since the theme was a salute to grunge music.
   in the evening I went to perform at a micro-brewery, the show runner was the resistable comic, who of course I did a fringe show with in august. I did ones about my hat, my dad, his jacket, online classes at the office, painting the walls, and where I once lived. I liked having some popcorn there, and notable was needing a restroom key. I just gave it to the next person in line, which was how I got the key myself. after the show I went to have some ice cream at a mcdonald's.


No comments:

Post a Comment