Saturday, November 19, 2016

brunswick zone, brooklyn park

tonight I went bowling as a meetup event, first meetup event for me since july. I went to Brunswick zone in Brooklyn park, it has 48 lanes. according to another attendee, it is the largest bowling alley in the state. I said there are worse things to do on a Saturday evening, and there are, as I like bowling. my scores could have been better, 63 and 83. I had no marks in the first one. before we started bowling I met another performer, he said he does stringed instruments like the bass. he said he bowls fairly often, like 4 nights a week, and works at a group home. I liked how I actually met people, hence the name of the organization. this included a man who asked me if I knew Belarus once he heard about me doing stand-up comedy. and there was the event coordinator, who spoke of having problems meeting quality people. one of them he said didn't like talking on the phone, only liked doing text messages. I will have to agree how that sounds weird. I also saw one device that I hadn't seen before, it was holding beer and the base said pabst blue ribbon. sounds like it is called a 'tower' and the beer volume is equivalent to two pitchers. I ate a little godfather's pizza on the way there and picked up a candy bar from a super-America on the way home. it was nice to hear plenty of music at the bowling alley, I recalled one song being 'the greatest' by sia. others I recalled and recognized were 'use your love' by the outfield, and 'got a good feeling' by flo rida.
   this morning I went to pay the fee on my post office box, so it has been renewed for another 6 months and I have had it for 2 years. I had one order waiting, it was from amazon, the 'la vie en rose' movie soundtrack. I had seen the movie, and now I agree with one song, how 'I regret nothing'. I had to pause and listen to one song I heard while at the post office, it was 'don't dream it's over' by crowded house.
   around midday I went to a funeral home as there was a memorial service for a co-worker who passed away this month, her name was sherrie. as expected, many of my colleagues were there. the officiant asked if there were any stories to tell, and not too surprised how most wouldn't speak up and that the first to do so was my boss. after the service he said he expected me to share something due to my background in performing, and I said 'appropriateness'. felt like others could share better than me in this case. some noticed the water fountain in the lobby area, as it was made by general electric. one employee said the water fountain was 63 years old.
    after this event I went on with my chores and errand running, and it meant going to the library to print a few things. but the computer was slow so I just got 2 items printed. I did get a copy of 'on the waterfront' to watch soon. the 'facility czar' at my workplace said I should watch it, after seeing my hat this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment