Saturday, November 12, 2016

dance marathon, mall of america

I participated in a dance marathon at the mall of America  this afternoon. many office colleagues were there working the event. my cohort was there and we did a photo. the Filipino man was why I signed up for dancing and he was doing crowd control. we did a photo as well. I had to park across the road from the mall at IKEA though, way busy today which is typical for a weekend. but worth it going there, great to be enjoying myself with all the music. one of two places where I got the 'how right I was' feeling.
   the other was when I was at the VFW in Minneapolis in the evening. I was at friend's birthday party, poster artist, and some of us signed up for karaoke, including me. resistable comic, who I did a  fringe play with, liked that I did 'sign of the times' by prince. risky to do it in Minneapolis, I knew people would either love it or hate it but I only heard from those who liked it. one of them I didn't even know, a fist bump. it was crowded and eventually we went to another bar nearby that was much less crowded, but I knew I needed to move on eventually as I have a date and wanted to get some sleep.
   I liked how I stayed busy today with various things, as it helped me avoid over-thinking it and psyching myself out. one thing I did early was go to uptown Minneapolis as the yemen native helped me with finding an outfit for the date. while in the fitting rooms we heard a loud lady that was swearing, hard to ignore. she was finally called out by an employee. thankful that somebody was willing to help me.
   I didn't pay much attention to the sporting events of the day, mostly college football I would expect. but when I was at the VFW I heard the iowa- michigan football game was still happening. iowa trailed late but won on a last-second field goal, 14-13. it is shades of 1985, beat Michigan on a last second field goal then as well, 12-10.

No comments:

Post a Comment