Saturday, November 5, 2016

snoopy snack attack

I did plenty of shopping today at various stores, two of them were resale shops. at one of them, first time since they re-opened after an extensive remodel, I saw two Charlie brown and snoopy items. one was 'make your own jewelry', didn't buy it. the other I bought, called 'snoopy snack attack'. it does remind me of the snow cone machine I got before, since it is made out of hard plastic and comparable size. and it looks a lot like snoopy's doghouse in terms of shape.
    I wanted to use up some gift cards to kohl's and macy's that I ordered recently. so I got some dress pants at both places, stopping at kohl's first. they essentially replaced two other pairs that were too dirty or worn to continue using. I did a typical thing, ripped them up and threw them in the trash. at kohl's I also got a pair of star wars socks, and some discounted Halloween candy, reese's peanut butter. at this thrift store already mentioned, I also got a book by lewis black, the comedian. at goodwill, it was two books. other items bought there included a 'great pumpkin' pail that reminded me of what was at mcdonald's, and the fourth item was a DVD collection, a season of 'simpsons' episodes.
   I am still shopping around for a winter coat, and went to plenty more stores. some were definitely out of my price range. I have decided to keep looking, as there are more stores I can look at. I am taking this seriously, when it will cost more than a candy bar, CD, or DVD. at macy's I took it seriously on getting pants there, trying on 5 pairs before finding one that I liked.
   of course other things were on my 'to-do' list, typical things like go to the p.o. box and to the library to print things. plenty of books to pick up, looks like all of them from the 6-item order from amazon have arrived. there were some e-bay orders waiting as well.
   I was at it for a while, and when evening rolled around I decided to eat at a popeye's chicken. when my order arrived I said nothing about being given fries in  addition to mashed potatoes. I ate the fries there and took the potatoes home and will have them at a later meal.
   I was home for a little while after this big shopping day, as didn't want to have all of it left in my car for long. then I was off again, this time to attend a comedy show that I had performed at before. the show runner did shout-outs at the end, and when he mentioned me he made reference to my recent facebook posting where I spoke of somebody trying to sell me drugs. so it looks like even though I turned him down, it is still a big deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment