Thursday, November 17, 2016

eharmony profile revamped

I heard 'no' from my recent date this morning. the longer I waited, the more likely I knew I would hear 'no'. so this prompted me to revamp my e-harmony profile. I know I hadn't done this in a while, based on how some of it was worded. but I like the way it looks now. I have changed some since it was last done, which must have been shortly after my longest relationship ended more than three years ago. I am not sure how many people fully read it though, and based on the answers I was getting on Sunday's date, I think my date didn't read much of it. I was stating things already listed in it, like some of my favorite movies. I even talked about how it was foolish to think internet dating would be a cure-all in a facebook posting that has more than 20 likes. I've told myself that some of this is on me, nothing wrong with creating my own opportunities by being willing to talk first when I am out and about. I gave up my seat on the bus this morning, but a lady I offered it to wouldn't take it. but at least she talked to me a little. then I chatted up a flight attendant when taking the bus home in the evening. she had her uniform on, with delta airlines, and spoke of going to Atlanta tonight. I have been there twice. she seemed to enjoy the talk as much as I did. the more I talk to people, the more comfortable I am with it.
  I did take a long walk around the neighborhood after watching 'big bang theory' tonight. syndicated rerun was when Sheldon did his flag show with amy, and raj broke up with Emily right before valentines day. prime time episode was when Sheldon was upset with someone else winning an award and he ends up hurting himself. then he goes to watch the 'ellen' show in the studio audience with the same scientist. steve hawking makes an appearance. the walk yielded the typical trash that was placed in a plastic shopping bag. some coins were found as well, 54 cents in all. 4 dimes, a nickel, and 9 pennies. I was surprised to find that many dimes, but not the pennies. much of it was found at the car wash. I saw what looked like a domestic dispute when I was nearly home, but I chose to ignore it, didn't want to get involved.
   at midday I walked to a library and turned in a library card that I found while walking earlier this week. this was after we had a thanksgiving dinner as a department in a conference room. I did take some of the leftovers home, at the time there was plenty left except for the turkey which was gone quick. so there still was mashed potatoes and gravy, corn, stuffing, and sweet potatoes. I was extra careful on getting it home, taping shut the paper plates it was in, and placing it in a fed-ex envelope before it went into my backpack.

No comments:

Post a Comment