Tuesday, November 22, 2016

big cookies returned

I liked being at the performance venue tonight. not just that it was stage time, but the big cookies returned. last week there wasn't any. so I had a cookie along with my beer, my typical order of a glass of surly hell, a local craft brew. I did ones about egg nog, painting at the office, calling my dad, churches and bars as well as bowling. I was introduced as 'the best friend of the venue', so I had to do things about a double play and a dog, as the former is a pitcher's best friend, and the latter is man's best friend.
   when I was riding the bus this morning I was sitting next to a woman who said she was an iowa native as well. it was from the town called rake, in northern iowa. I had heard of it as it is near buffalo center, and my grandma was born there. for some reason she spoke of the son of actor marlon brando being a murderer.
    at work I knew I needed to get started on asking for more time off, and that meant four more days in December. it would now mean 5 days off for the month, and two and a half days are not yet spoken for. I can carry some days over into next year, but I am not used to doing that. before long I will likely do something with the remaining days. I was strategic so far on wanting to avoid days when I already had meetings scheduled, and so far just one day off per week. I did speak of this to the attorney, who I saw while riding home this evening. no problem getting home despite the snow, but it wasn't all that bad at the time. but it kept falling into the evening, and I noticed it while at the performance venue. I called it a 'substantial snow', especially compared to the one late last week which didn't last long.
   I did wish the Filipino man a happy thanksgiving, finding out he is out of the office on Wednesday. we spoke of our plans, I guess it means spending some time with his in-laws. we laughed at our family issues that we've dealt with at holidays. I am still trying to figure out the best time of year for visiting his native land. I watched more youtube videos tonight about the subject of their president, and questions were posed about what notable changes can be expected. one spoke of needing a visa, well I will have to check if that is true. last time I checked, it wasn't needed for short-term visits like what I would want to do, a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment