Wednesday, November 16, 2016

torn, natalie imbruglia

recently I heard the song 'torn' by natalie imbruglia. found out on Wikipedia how the song was originally done by ednaswap. when it was done in some other languages, it was translated as 'burnt' instead of 'torn'. the video has plenty of activity in it. the man is moved out of the way by somebody else. then somebody is helping the man with his hair. a chair is moved out of the way. then there is construction, and the background changes. the lines I really liked in it are 'cold and shamed, lying naked on the floor' and 'inspiration has run dry'. the latter is a good companion to 'conversation run dry'. I liked what I found online about the meaning of the song, how it is about relationships, we've all been there.
    I did make it to the performance venue, after doing some shredding of junk mail. I did ones about ice cream at mcdonald's, dance marathon, karaoke at VFW, a date, surveys about surveys, and two from the office. one was about my end of day routine, another was making a lady's day when I said to her that I liked her earrings when she went into an arby's. I had read how that is one way to connect with people. just talk to them and compliment them, do things like open a door for them. I did like seeing the attorney when I was taking the bus home tonight. I spoke about my new hat, and how I hade a date this weekend. but now I have my doubts about the results of the date, when I have waited a while for the response. I liked how the attorney shared about having to participate in hearings recently. I tell myself that I have to spend some time listening to others, so it means yielding after a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment