Sunday, November 13, 2016

buying and selling

I had a date earlier today, and I did let some friends know about it after it was completed. I said I am hopeful about date 2 happening, but that is not up to me. the way I worded it was 'I will find out soon enough if my date wants to buy what I am selling'. I know I did speak of these sentiments before. before I got help with finding an outfit, I spoke of some past dates and understand know some of them weren't going to pan out no matter how hard I tried. I referenced a song, 'what about love' by heart, where a line in it is 'I can't sell you what you don't want to buy'. the friend that helped me, the yemen native, did speak of being in sales so I think he may have understood that feeling.
   the date was at midday at an 'undisclosed location' in the west metro. that is what I told my friends as I didn't want any of them showing up. it was during the Vikings game, sounds like the Vikings lost to Washington 26-20. I asked for a table that was away from the TV monitors so I could focus my attention on my date, and it worked. we had lunch, and just over an hour later we walked back to our cars and hugged. much like in January, when I got home my first call about it was to my 'work spouse'. I got voice mail, kind of expected that. but I said I feel like it went well. in all honesty, I was a nervous wreck even though I hid it well as I wanted to be impressive. it may have shown up in how much I talked, I don't know. I was advised that I keep it positive, and I know I did. when I have been through countless first dates before, it is hard to say what will happen now. I know I paused at times when I talked, as I wanted to be careful when I was forming my words and thoughts. nothing wrong with that. I played both of my Sia CDs to and from the drive to the venue.
   I did change out of some of my clothes before I went out again, this time it was for performing. I went to the donut party, and I made reference to lewis cass and the magna carta to get more minutes. it was what international falls spoke of, weekly games she has. government facts. I spoke of how 'rumor has it that I went on a date', (but still stayed tight-lipped on the details) dealing with the annoying man at mcdonald's, the dance marathon, and doing karaoke.
   as for the dance marathon, when I went to a super-America tonight to get dinner I was recognized by the clerk from that event. I spoke of doing that charity event as it was through my employer. then there was a computer problem and I guess it was fine as it was after my payment went through but there was a long delay on the printing of the receipt so I left without one.


No comments:

Post a Comment