Monday, November 28, 2016

tony danza shows

tonight I went on at the comedy club. I also liked getting shout-outs from two other comics, university accountant and tetris. with the former, she did a joke about tony danza jokes that I laughed at, which led to the shout-out. of course this was 'who's the boss' and 'taxi'. and a reference to some music group where part of their name is his. it did remind me of when I saw 'the simpsons' play at the Guthrie and another attendee said she wanted to see it as she liked 'cape fear'. except it wasn't that much about it, just inspired by the episode that was a parody of the movie.
  it went well performing tonight. I did ones about egg nog, my thanksgiving day, seeing 'napoleon dynamite', and a match from internet dating saying she was 'taking a break'. before the show I used my 'doing the best I can' line and fargo Moorhead spoke of a song that I was familiar with, I knew the next line was 'now go away'. it is 'whatever' by godsmack. I then spoke of an alice in chains song as a musical number at a burlesque show.
   as expected, hard to go back to work after 4 days off. but I found a way through. notable was getting another emerson hough item ordered, it was a flyer advertising the movie 'man next door' at an opera house. I knew this was one of his books, but it was hard to find how it also became a movie. this happened a lot in the silent era, sketchy records. but there was a listing for it on IMDB, and according to what I found, it was released in may 1923. this was a month after his death. this means it was the same year as 'covered wagon' which was a best-selling book and popular movie. for 'door' I will have evidence that it was based on his book, and much like 'ship of souls' there would be enough reason to update IMDB to list Hough as the writer.  also notable was getting a letter to the editor published in my hometown of newton, iowa. it was given a title of 'lessons learned in newton'. it was shelved for nearly a year but of course I finally re-submitted it over the long weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment