Saturday, December 3, 2016

goalie got dumped

tonight I went to Mariucci arena and saw the Minnesota gopher hockey game against ohio state. I saw a rare thing, a goalie got dumped. around the 5-minute mark in the 2nd period, ohio state replaced their goalie as they were trailing 4-1. my seat was near one of the goalie nets. I arrived after the game had started, and entered from a different way than before, at the back of the arena. there was two ways up to the action, one for the students and the other the public. I quickly went over to my seat and before I got sat down, ohio state went up 1-0, just before the midway point of the 1st period. I hate arriving late and I am trying to think why that happened. one would think that allowing an hour to get to the arena would be enough. even though I ate before getting there, I wasn't at bobby and steve's long. I went there to get a little godfather's pizza.
   this was the only time that the gophers trailed, as they were ahead 2-1 by the end of the period. the second goal was in the final minute. then they scored two more early in the second, and right after the 4th goal was when ohio state dumped their goalie. ohio state did get 2 goals near the end of the 2nd to make it 4-3, but Minnesota tacked on another one just past the midway point of the 3rd. that ended the scoring, as Minnesota won 5-3. I learned something while there, surprised me a little when I look around as much as I can while there at least annually. I looked at the Olympic exhibit more closely and it said herb brooks did play on the Olympic team, in 1964 and 1968. but the only talk in what has been written about the 'miracle on ice' team that he coached in 1980 was that he was cut from the 1960 team. guess it sounds more dramatic to point this out, much like Michael Jordan being cut from his high school basketball team. when in reality, he still played that year, just not on the varsity team.
   this was a day of events, as I was also in the studio audience for twin cities live. I like doing this event annually as well. I saw a fellow comic as I was on my way in, I think she is called locks of love. she does work in radio. the food for the audience was from rock bottom brewery, I haven't been there yet. one of the hosts caused a firestorm of debate when he said he didn't like the movie 'it's a wonderful life' on the previous day's show. when this was covered again during this edition I said 'shots fired'. I had seen this term on facebook and it sounds cool. I did look up the definition on urban dictionary and it is in reference to somebody being disrespected.
  in the morning I watched my VHS copy of the movie 'breakfast club', I hadn't seen it in a while. I may end up replacing it with a DVD copy from amazon, but I already have some other movies on order from there. and it would be a good idea to watch those before ordering more. I had seen it many times before, but one thing made more sense to me now. it was when bender fell through the false ceiling. this was after he was put in solitary as he was causing trouble in the gym. then I printed some things at the library and picked up a DVD there. after twin cities live I found a physician office and I made an appointment for a week from now. it will be my first in over two years. I decided to shop for another one as I don't think the one I had truly had my best interests at heart. now the other thing would be to find another dentist, something I may be able to do when I return to the office on Monday. there are two dentist offices I have seen in the skyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment