Saturday, December 3, 2016

tv show extra

I loved being a TV show extra this afternoon. I heard about it on facebook from auto-correct and it was at the fitzgerald theater in downtown st. paul. I did have to step out to move my car, but aside from those 10 minutes I was there for nearly 5 hours. it was great to meet the stars of the show as well, and get a picture with them. tetris was there with his lady as well, but otherwise I didn't know who all was there. I did speak up to the producer saying he asked for snacks and the producer helped with that. tetris saw how I had some trail mix and I said there probably is more. we got bottled water before the trail mix. I liked getting the 'how right I was' feeling during one break near the end, in fact it was when I was eating the snack. I recall thinking 'minnesota' right before then. not the first time I got this feeling this weekend, as I felt it at the end of twin cities live on Friday when the musical guest was performing. I do my best to keep track of these 'self-validating moments'. I had been through filming segments before, and it was not much different. there was plenty of waiting around. but as usual, I liked seeing things behind the scenes and being a part of something. I think of it as stage time.
    before getting to the theater I went to shoreview for the used book sale that was happening as the library is moving. I got 6 books and 2 CD cases, just three dollars total. one was about minor league baseball, I will like having it. another was written by john f kennedy, about great Britain before world war two.
   tonight I went to a comedy show in Minneapolis, and I knew many of the performers. perkins was show closer. I spoke of being in the entourage of my friends after the show, my way of saying I wanted to be introduced.

No comments:

Post a Comment