Tuesday, December 13, 2016

just move your car

I was wanting to get into a parking lot tonight that was near the performance venue and saw a car with its hazard lights on, nobody in it, blocking the way. after a few minutes of waiting, I went inside the restaurant and said that 2 cars were waiting to get into the lot. and the man had an empty pizza carrier in his hand and said he was an uber driver. I was thinking to myself that I was hoping he would just move his car, didn't need to hear his story. there was just one car waiting by the time I got out, mine. there was a buick behind me that was honking and I guess they gave up and parked somewhere else.
    this was a day off from work for me, using up days before year-end. but I still went into the office at midday, for about an hour. there was 5-minute chair massages, and after that I got some water and went to the pizza party for the advisory board I am on. it was from pizza luce, and I had the sausage and pepperoni. I did take some home as well, and was thankful that they let me use one of the boxes as this made it easier to take it on the bus. I did say I liked having the regular gig now doing a how-to article for the newsletter. I even quoted a song when referring to it, 'me myself and I'. 'everyone knows this lifestyle is dangerous, but I love it the rush is amazing'. I was referring to how I feel the same way about writing as I do about performing. it might be challenging, but I enjoy it.
   since I had the time, I watched 3 movies on DVD. the first one was before going to the office, it was 'romy and michele'. then when I got back it was 'she's all that', followed by 'girl, interrupted'. all of these were recent orders from amazon. the first two were replacing VHS copies. and the first two I do recall seeing at the theater. 'romy' was when I lived in west des moines, and 'all that' was when I lived in suburban Chicago. hard to say when I will place another amazon order, I do have on unused gift card code that was just awarded last month. looks like I was given more gift card money due to being on the advisory board, so there will be more I can put towards amazon from there.
    it went fine performing tonight, I did ones about the three mistakes one match made, going into the office today, just move your car, and fine by me about the office colleague. the first one I did was in reference to the MC's set, the tall guy who said he looked like a 40's basketball player. he saw a shiner beer sign at the venue, and I wanted to satisfy my curiosity and asked the bartender if it was on tap currently, and it wasn't. I then said it might be hard to take beer signs down, I know the signs can be worth a lot of money as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment