Sunday, December 4, 2016

spirit of st. louis movie

I watched the movie 'spirit of st. louis' on DVD around midday, on loan from the library. it starred jimmy stewart as Charles Lindbergh. much of his life story was told in flashback during the famous flight from new York to paris. I was familiar with much of it as I have toured the boyhood home in little falls, MN, twice. I liked how it included mention of those who weren't interested in being a part of it, and those who tried before him and died in the process. these stories needed to be told as well. I laughed when he spoke with a fly that was in the cockpit. it did remind me of other films starring jimmy stewart, such as 'liberty valance'. I also watched the special features that were included, one was a comedy short about a housewife that wanted a job and ended up replacing her husband. another was a cartoon short with speedy Gonzales, and there was a disclaimer before it about how there were stereotypes in it. and there was footage of the premiere, as well as the theatrical trailer. I know it was based on a book written by Lindbergh, but I haven't read it yet.
    I did go to the performance venue in the afternoon after watching the movie and I did speak of it there in my set. others were about jokes at the airport, heavy metal concert, burned hair, seeing a flirt, and my family. I returned the movie to the library after the show and I got annoyed dealing with a man who was holding up traffic in the return lane.
   after I watched 'the simpsons' I did take a walk around the neighborhood. the first stop was taking a Canadian penny from 1978 to a fast food place where it became a charitable contribution. already had one from that year. it was from coins I found earlier in the day. then it was picking up trash and finding more coins. I picked up 13 cents, all pennies. no surprise how I found nearly half of it at the car wash. eventually I will go turn in the change at the bank, when the card is full, this will likely be in the next week or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment