Wednesday, December 28, 2016

green tree publication

I made a nice find at the office as the painters are still there. they have moved on to painting locker doors, and it is a rare chance to look inside them. I found a green tree publication from 1995, and I did wonder if there would be anyone in it that I recognized. this is one of the old names for the office. there was one, he is a senior leader, now our site leader. I put it in my backpack and sent it home tonight. it did talk about how he moved from st. louis for this company. not sure if I should say anything to him about finding it. due to my janitor mentality, it was hard to ignore what I was seeing when I would pass by. so I looked inside that locker and found a few other items in addition to the one I kept. there was a button, and a pen. found out there was no ink left in the pen, so it was thrown in the trash with the button that looked like it belonged on a sweater. one item was left in the locker, it was a pair of high heeled shoes. but it is hard to say if the owner is still in the office, or knows they are there, as it was tucked behind the publication. as the saying goes, one man's trash is another man's treasure.
   I confronted a colleague in the afternoon as I was getting annoyed in our conversations that weren't work-related. she did admit to playing devil's advocate, which I don't enjoy at all. I made it part of my comedy set in the evening. along with various other subjects, like one thin object being mistaken for another one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment